Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tuesday Tummy Time!

I am completely aware today is Wednesday.  I would just like to pretend that Tuesday never happened.  It was painful and miserable and much longer than the usual 24 hours.  And I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Little Stinker who has been living inside my belly for the past 33 weeks... his brother the Monkey doesn't help.


Here's our peek inside at 33 Weeks-

Courtesy of BabyCenter.com
"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."

Sunday was my sister in law's baby shower.  I'm going to go ahead and lay some blame there for my general soreness and tightness (squatting to tape table cloths to picnic tables, wearing wedge sandals as opposed to my usual flats, and being cramped in the car for the 3 hour drive home).

I spent the whole weekend catching up with family we haven't seen and answering quetions about my pregnancy: "I feel great," "I love being pregnant," "Oh, it's been such an easy pregnancy."  And then came the tractor trailor I call 33 weeks to knock me down and drag me down the highway I call pregnancy.

How can so much have changed sooo quickly?  I've had days where I'm sore and not so comfortable but Tuesday beat me down! By the time I was getting in bed Monday night I felt like I was recovering from a tummy tuck or something.  You know that bruised feeling you have in your muscle after getting a charlie horse?  Well that was what I felt like from my ribs down to my knees.  Waking up Tuesday morning I felt ok but was tired and achy about as soon as I got out of bed.  Oddly enough, the best I felt all day was when Oliver and I decided we would take a walk to the library a mile away from the house.  I felt great on the walk but it probably didn't help the swollen feeling I felt throughout my entire lower half last night. 

So far today I'm feeling ok.  BDNP is going to try to come home early today so I don't push myself.  I have floors to wash, bathroom to clean, general organization to take care of, food shopping, and crafting to do today.  Or BFFs are coming over later this afternoon for play and dinner, and us moms will get our DIY on once all the kiddos are whisked away to sleep.  Very much looking forward to it.


Here's a shot from Sunday-
3 Baby Y's on the way! (and 3 Hot MILFS!)

From left to right:  Baby BCY due 10/4, Baby AMY due 10/26, and our own Baby OMY due 10/11

4 comments:

  1. how exciting! Love the pics of y'all pregnant!

    I'm glad you posted something about this...I thought 33 wks as kicking my butt, too...I guess it's normal, now. I'm flat wore out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 boys, both October babies. I remember wk. 33 kick'n my Mama buns as well! Being pregnant during the summer months is torture but the gift of a fall baby is worth all the swollen feet you have to endure! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I found your blog through The Baby Habit and really enjoyed reading your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited for a fall baby! and I'm feeling better so I think I'll survive another week. We'll see what ups and downs the rest of the pregnancy brings!

    @Amanda- I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and my blog :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)