Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Tummy Time!

It's time for the weekly update on what's going on inside my belly at 22 weeks.

I love forwarding the e-mails from Baby Center to my husband, and we get a kick out of the produce comparison for sizing our child.  My brother in law always enjoyed the fruit/veg of the week when we were having Oliver because he is a produce manager at Shaws.  This week: spaghetti squash!


Courtesy of BabyCenter.com


  At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.


I really need to take another picture of what my belly is looking like these days but I haven't mastered the selfie belly shot and I don't have a full lenth mirror to snap a pic in either.  Plus things have been prettttty messy around here living off the floor and out of boxes and I haven't wanted to get that in the background! 

We have an appointment for another u/sound on Thursday since baby didn't move off his back and show off that beautiful spine.  I'll have to ask about round ligament pain for a second pregnancy.... I'm assuming it's normal to have it again but I would have thought I would already have been stretched out, especially with the two so close.  They haven't been bad or frequent like with Oliver, but with Oliver I had them bad around my wedding (24 weeks) so we'll see.  I think I've felt some B-H contractions too.  That's much earlier that the last time, but I did't know what they were the first time.  I thought it was the baby arching against the outside of my stomach or sliding a knee or elbow or hiney across or something.  Well NOW I know what that feeling was and I had a pretty hard one this morning.  It was weird.  I read you actually get them the entire time you're pregnant but just don't feel them early.  Someone remind me to ask about that.  I always forget/blow things off so I never remember to ask questions and then get all my info from the internet!

I'm so glad my pregnancy gives me an automatic post topic on Tuesdays.  I've been feeling the need to blog but not the energy or the motivation.  No offense to my14 followers, but I kind of feel like "what's the point?" sometimes.  But don't worry (because I know you'd lose sleep!) I'm not going anywhere.  I love doing this if for no one but myself.


2 comments:

  1. haha!! Yes, I would lose sleep if you didn't post....lol
    I enjoy reading about your pregnancy...since we are so close...I am 22 wks and 3 days!! We are up to a spaghetti squash as well. And I have been having the round ligaments pain, too. It was intense last week...but I showed the dr the area of the pain and she confirmed it was just ligaments stretching. I came back with "I thought they would already be stretched out with this being my 3rd pregnancy." She replied, "no, it gets more intense each time." I swear I was sitting there with a dropped jaw...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what! worse?! that makes no sense to me! I get why cramping while nursing would get worse with each baby, but yeah I'd think I've been stretched already. Which brings up another issue I have (speaking of stretched): why on earth do I have such terrible stretch marks?! With Oliver I didn't gain much or get very big, and I definitely had the flesh to spare... as opposed to skinny minis who grow huge torpedo bellies and not a stretch mark to be seen! WTF?!

    O well...our babies make it all worth it! right!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!