Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Golden Afternoon

"There's a wealth of happiness and romance
All in the golden afternoon"


Looking out the kitchen window at the suddenly yellow leaves (they were completely green the day before, I swear) I was struck by the beauty of nature in our own backyard. The sight of the sun shining through the yellow leaves is amazing, breathtaking.
I can't help but keep reciting "not all that glitters is gold," but I think it is the opposite sentiment I mean to express.  Not all that is gold glitters.  There can be precious beauty in simple things.  We just have to remember to appreciate it. 

My children help me do just that.  Seeing Oliver running through our yard that just seemed to glow in the afternoon light was amazing to me.  Just so beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! It's true, children so often see the beautiful and the wonderful things that adults miss - I think it is an amzing thing to see through a child's eyes.

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love fall pictures. I took my boys down to the lake to try and capture the beauty of the colors. Not sure I did God's beauty any justice...but I tried! Your little man is so cute! I love watching little dudes play in the leaves!!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!