Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not the Mama!

Who remembers this?


I do.  Not only do I remember this show, I remember all the words to the baby's song ("I'm the baby gotta love me, big purple eyes, I'm very cuddly...") as well as his catch phrase: "Not the mama!"

I think this is what Oliver would say if he could sometimes.  The only difference is that when the baby dinosaur (did he have a name?) said it, it was because the person he was saying it to was not his mama, and therefor unacceptable. 

In Oliver's case, it would be because he wants anyone but his mama.  Sad.

A few nights ago I gave Oliver his bath before bed.  Usually Nate gives him his bath.  But I thought, "Hey, I'm not pregnant anymore, I can handle bath time.  HEY! I'll put on a bathing suit and get in the tub with him.  How fun! We'll splash and laugh.  HEY!!! I'll make it a bubble bath.  He's going to have a great time."

Well he didn't.  He was so weirded out.  He didn't want me in the tub with him.  And then he wouldn't sit in the water.  He had goosebumps because he was cold but would not get in the warm water.  And when I asked him if he wanted to say bye bye to the water he couldn't drain the tub fast enough!

And then last night Nate gave him a bath... and Oliver DEMANDED he get in the tub with him.  And they laughed.  And laughed and laughed and laughed.  And I was going to go take pictures (because that's what I do) but I guess I was a little to offended to get there in time before the novelty wore off for Oliver.

Sometimes I really think he doesn't like me.  Like when he cried if I came near him on the swing in yard... but anyone else could give him a push.  Or when he freaks out if I make the move to get him out of his car seat.  But since having Owen, I've been getting back to being Oliver's not-pregnant mommy.  I love being able to wrestle with him again, chase him, toss him up, and even clown-roll around the living room floor with him.

So I guess he doesn't always hate me.  I do get plenty of moments like this.... when no one else is around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!