Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Tummy Time!

36weeks down! 28 days till baby's due date!

I honestly don't know how this kid is going to stay up in there 4 more weeks BUT you just never know with these buggers do ya? 


Now let's all pretend we have X-Ray vision and can take a peek at little Baby Owen:

Courtesy of BabyCenter.com
"Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly."

I don't think there's any need for that manipulation BabyCenter is talking about.  This kid is riding loooooow and good to go.  Seriously.  There is so much weight on my pubic bone I feel bruised most of the time and have had to break out the ice pack.  Sorry...TMI?  There's no such thing with pregnancy!

My BH contractions are getting PAINFUL! and low and I've even had back contractions when I switch positions at night.  Not fun.  Scary....yet exciting.  After next week it will be mostly exciting knowing that at 37 weeks Owen will be considered full term and any labor would hopefuly not be stopped at that point.  With Oliver at home and family out of state I can't play around with the whole going-to-the-hospital/going-back-home thing. 

Feeling the way I've been feeling I really see this kid coming a week early at least, but I'm pretty sure almost every pregnant woman has had the same thought and been wrong.  I have an appointment tomorrow (the lovely strepB swab) so hopefully we'll learn what's going on down there in Babylandia. 

In the meantime- we are working on planning for what will go down at go time, making out instructions for Oliver's care, and packing the hospital bag!  It's time to get serious with this baby prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!