Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bathtub Picasso

I saw this (on Pinterest, duh) and thought it was a very clever idea to entertain Oliver before bed. 

Bathtime is a favorite of his, although sometimes he gets scared of the tub.  He HATES the empty tub or water running in it.  We learned early on- when he had a poop-explosion up his back and we'd hold him over the tub to rinse him off... oh, HE HATED THAT! 

But I figured he'd like this, I don't know why.  I think I'm really pushing art on him and he's not buying it.  We just put a little water in the tub and sat him in there with these tub paints I made.  Shaving cream mixed with food coloring = foamy bath tub fun.  He was not impressed.  I thought it was cool.  And I'm sure any other kid would too.  Oliver just wanted his hair washed.


See, I had fun with the paint.


"Dad! She's not listening! I want out!"


"Better."


3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. Did the food coloring stain anything? What king of shaving cream did you use? Just the white foam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup- just white foam- used my hubby's barbisol. The blue didn't rinse as easily as the other colors, the baby had blue on his arms for a minute but it ended up scrubbing off in his bath...nothing stained. The trick is not to put too much coloring. I think I made my blue a little to bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-- I love the colored shaving cream idea!

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!