Monday, July 25, 2011

My Mom is Going to Kill Me...

My mom hates the idea of giving Oliver sweets.  She doesn't want to ruin him.  I'm pretty sure I was addicted to Coca-Cola from birth sooooooooo.....while I don't want him to have my food issues, I let him get in some yummies since he eats pretty balanced overall.

First, I digress-

Last week was so terrible for me.  Baby Daddy Natey Poo worked soooo hard and so long, and evil me felt bad for myself.  I wanted to run away.  I wanted to cry.  I wanted to just be alone! The stress of being a SAHM and the idea of adding another on top of Nate's unpredictable schedule really hit me hard.  Oliver watched wayyyyy too much TV, and I just felt even worse about myself for it.

To correct my mood and 'tude I will be trying extra hard to keep both Oliver and myself busy.  Today didn't drag on nearly as long as any given day did last week.  So day one of keep busy was pretty successful I think.

My friend introduced me to Pinterest.com- no it's not internet crack or anything.  I can stop searching and pinning anytime I want to.  What addiction?  Anyway... she loved this and so I re-pinned and executed: Frozen Banana Bites

I combined 1/3 cup of milk chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of peanut butter, microwaved for 30 seconds and mixed it together to make the dip.

To include Little Monkey in today's activity I spooned just a litttttle bit of the dip into a bowl for him, gave him a plate of sliced bananas and some nonpareil sprinkles to add another step and a different texture.

Don't worry, don't worry....I took pictures.





   


Yeah...none of Oliver's made it into the freezer (in case you couldn't tell).  But here is the finished product of my version of today's busy project.  Nate loved them, and it was easy so we will be doing it again.   


1 comment:

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!