Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Tummy Time!

Baby Boy in the Belly is 26 weeks old already!

Here is what he's looking like and how he's developing....putting on some cute baby chub!
Courtesy of BabyCenter.com

"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days."


I get a kick out of watching my stomach ripple and roll with his movements!  I am starting to imagine him here with us in a real way.  You always imagine having your baby and the changes that will take place in your life... but I'm at the point where I can almost smell him and feel his skin on my cheek and his warmth on my chest.  He's going to look so much like Oliver, I mean there's not much else he could look like- Nate and I have very similar features.

He has been very good to Momma- another easy pregnancy, so hopefully that means he will be a good baby like Oliver too.  I love my boys so much!

Here are Baby Owen and I relaxing in the yard while Daddy and Oliver play.



2 comments:

  1. Love your bump picture!!
    Are you starting to have any swelling yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while I have some "down-there" swelling and soreness...if I've been on my feet all day usually (there's no such thing as TMI among preggos right?! haha). But other than that I have not...even with Oliver my face hands and feet never swelled. The week of my due date no one believed me that I was ready to pop. lol. of course that was february. We'll see how the summer treats me. So far so good. How is your belly baby treating you these days?

    ReplyDelete

Love getting comments. I'll do my best to respond :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!